Looking back in history...

 

The vicinity of South Kenton station is distinct from Kenton itself. It merges impre­cisely with North Wembley to its south and Preston to its east. The South Kenton and Preston Park estate was laid out from 1927 and was completed soon after the opening of the station in 1933. Several firms of builders were involved in the project, including Fred and Charles Costin, who were responsible for most of the houses in Windermere Avenue. The estate was provided with its own park, school, shopping parades and pub. The Church of the Annun­ciation, South Kenton, was completed in 1938.

 

MORE HISTORY UPDATES SOON!

  • facebook-square
  • Twitter Square
  • Google Square